Collection of Personal Data
Personal information is information about you that can be used to identify you individually. Folla Shopping collects information that you provide to us or that we learn about you from your use of our websites or shopping at our stores. Some common examples of personal information that you might supply us include your name, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address and other information necessary to process any order made by you. We may “process” your personal data by way of collecting, recording, holding, storing, using, disclosing and/or deleting it.
You may provide information to us when you register an account with us, sign-in, search, make a purchase from us, pay for an item, participate in contest or promotion, review & comments, subscribe to a mailing list, request to receive our marketing materials, fill out a survey or questionnaire or communicate with our customer service, as well as from publicly available sources such as directories and social media pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages.
In addition, we may also receive, store and process your personal data which are provided or made available by any third parties whom you have authorised, credit reference/reporting bodies, regulatory and law enforcement authorities, for reasons including delivery of our Service, performance of conditions of agreements and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Purpose of Acquiring and Processing Your Personal Data
The personal data as provided by you to us or collected by us from you or through such other sources as may be necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes at the time it was sought or collected, may be processed for the following purposes:
Where you are a member/user:
- to register for a user Account with us;
- to process your order and make delivery of your purchased products;
- to process payment from you, including authorising and processing online banking, credit/debit card transactions and sending receipts to you;
- to communicate with you and to maintain and improve customer relationship;
- to personalise and improve your user experience with the Website Service;
- to provide you with support and handle requests and complaints;
- To provide you with relevant product information. You may receive periodic mailings from us about new products and services, discounts, special promotions or upcoming events;
- to conduct market research or surveys, internal marketing analysis, customer profiling activities, analysis of customer patterns and choices, usage and activity trends analysis in relation to the Website;
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations under the applicable laws, legislation, regulations or court orders;
- to comply with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental/law enforcement authorities; or responding to requests for information from public agencies, ministries, statutory bodies or other similar authorities;
- to detect, investigate and prevent any fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities or misuse of the Website;
- for internal administrative and updating purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, record keeping, contact lists, risk management, security, etc; and/or
- for our storage, hosting back-up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal data, whether within or outside your country
We will not collect or store credit card numbers that you may submit in connection with online purchases of goods or services through our Website. Any credit card information that you submit for such online purchases is collected by our financial institution which provides the particular payment transaction facility through a separate website. We have no control over that third party website, or access to your credit card information submitted there. We encourage you to review the privacy statement governing that third party website before entering your payment information.
Your actual order details may be stored with us but for security reasons cannot be retrieved directly by us. However, you may access this information by logging into your account on the Website. Here you can view the details of your orders that have been completed, those which are open and those which are shortly to be dispatched and administer your address details, bank details and any newsletter to which you may have subscribed. You undertake to treat the personal access data confidentially and not make it available to unauthorized third parties. We cannot assume any liability for misuse of passwords unless this misuse is our fault.
A cookie is a small piece of text that is sent to the User’s browser and stored on his computer or mobile device. All cookies used by Folla Shopping are persistent cookies, i.e. they will be stored on the User’s device after the browser session has expired. Any cookie will be deleted within one month after it has been placed unless configured otherwise. Most Web browsers are initially configured to accept cookies, but the User can change this setting so his browser either refuses all cookies or informs him when a cookie is being sent. Also, the User is free to delete any existing cookies at any time with future effect. Some features of Folla Shopping’s Services may not function properly when cookies are disabled or removed.
Cookies placed on Users’ computers:
Cookies placed on an User’s computer will transmit the User’s Personal Information as specified above to Folla Shopping for the purposes also specified above.
We may also use and process your personal data to send you information, alerts, newsletters, updates, promotional materials, special privileges announcements on products, services, upcoming contests, events, activities, promotions organised by us and/or our selected third parties (business/marketing partners, sponsors, advertisers) which may be of interest to you.
We may send you seasonal/festive greetings or messages, notify and invite you to events or activities organised by us and/or our selected third parties (business/marketing partners, sponsors, advertisers) which may be of interest to you.
Opt-Out or Not Providing Your Personal Data
For opting out, the User can do so by sending an email to [email protected] (we do encourage you to reach out via email which is checked more often).
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We will not sell, rent, transfer or disclose any of your personal data to any third party without your consent. However, we may disclose some of your personal data to the following third parties, for one or more of the above Purposes:
- our subsidiaries, related and/or associated companies;
- our business/marketing partners, third party product and/or service providers, suppliers, vendors, on a need to know basis, that provide related products and/or services in connection with our business on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of the Service to you or offer promotions or organise contests, events, activities or campaigns;
- data centres and/or servers located within or outside your country for data storage purposes;
- storage facility and records management service providers;
- auditors, consultants, lawyers, accountants or other financial or professional advisers appointed in connection with our business on a strictly confidential basis, appointed by us to provide services to us; any party nominated or appointed by us either solely or jointly with other service providers, who provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and/or logistics purposes;
- government agencies, law enforcement agencies, courts, tribunals, regulatory/professional bodies, industry regulators, ministries, and/or statutory agencies or bodies, offices or municipality in any country, if required or authorised to do so, to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, order or judgment of a court or tribunal or queries from the relevant authorities.
You may at any time request information from Folla Shopping regarding your Personal Information stored at Folla Shopping, its origin, recipients or categories of recipients the data has been transferred to and the purpose of storage.
You may correct, update or delete your personal data at any time by editing your profile on the “My Account” page on the Website or contact us by sending an email to [email protected], and we do encourage you to reach out via email which is checked more often.
However, please note that your personal data may be retained on our back-up systems for some time. In addition, you cannot delete information associated with past transactions as we keep track of these records.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Any of your personal data provided to us is retained for as long as the purposes for which the personal data was collected continues; your personal data is then destroyed or anonymised from our records and back-up systems in accordance with our retention policy in the event your personal data is no longer required for the said purposes unless its further retention is required to satisfy a longer retention period to meet our operational, legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements.
Security of Your Personal Data
The Internet is not a secure medium. However, we will put in place various reasonable security procedures with regard to the Website and your electronic communications with us.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we take commercially practical steps to protect your personal data, we cannot and do not accept responsibility for any unauthorised access, unlawful interceptions or loss of personal data transmitted to or from Folla Shopping, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such personal data.
Transfer of Your Personal Data Outside Of Your Country
Our information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other countries outside of your country. This may include, but not limited to, instances where your personal data may be stored on servers located outside of your country. In addition, your personal data may be disclosed or transferred to entities located outside your country. Please note that these foreign entities may be established in countries that might not offer a level of data protection that is equivalent to that offered in your country under the applicable laws in your country. You hereby expressly consent to us transferring your personal data outside of your country for such purpose
English Version To Prevail
Last updated on 23 September 2019